Clinical Training Program in Imago Relationship Therapy
Trainings in Manchester and London
Offered by Sophie Slade, Ph.D. Imago Senior Clinical Instructor
For psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists seeking expertise in couples’ therapy.
The Training Program consists of three modules of 4 days each followed by 6 months of clinical supervision to a required level of competence for certification. The modules must be attended in sequence.
Cost: £2,400, which includes registration fees, training fee and certification fee. Discount of £300 if already attended Introduction to Imago - 2 day training.
Non-therapist partners are very welcome to attend for half the fee (£1,200).
Pre-requisites: Attendance at a “Getting the Love You Want” workshop. Membership in UKCP or equivalent nationally recognized regulating body with standards of training, supervision and ethics.
Please register early to ensure your place. This is a small group training.
What you can expect from the training
- A deep theoretical understanding of couple relationships which serves as a map to guide your interventions - why we pick the partners we do, why we have the conflicts we have, and what to do to move into the joy that is our essence.
- Practice in developing skill in facilitating couples, holding them gently and firmly in new ways of connecting through the Imago dialogue processes, deepening their empathic connection, and empowering them to heal their relationship.
- A personal growth experience that will quite possibly impact your own personal and professional relationships, your way of working with all your clients and your way of being in the world.
- A sense that couple therapy can be fun and enlivening for you and your clients.
Imago Relationship Therapy is a research-supported, systematic theory of relationship therapy developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., author of Getting the Love you Want: a Guide for Couples, and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. Imago theory powerfully synthesizes major aspects of depth psychology, object relations, systems theory and humanistic-existential theory into a comprehensive approach to working with relationships.
Next UK Trainings 2019 in London and Manchester
|Days 1-4||January 24-27, 2019|
|Days 5-8||May 23-26, 2019|
|Days 9-12||September 5-8, 2019|
|Hours||9am to 6pm|
|Location||Britannia Hampstead Hotel, Primrose Hill Road, Hampstead, London, NW3 3NA|
|To register||Click Here To Register|
|Days 1-4||February 12-15, 2019|
|Days 5-8||April 30 - May 3, 2019|
|Days 9-12||October 1-4, 2019 (to be confirmed)|
|Hours||9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. End at 2.30 p.m. Fridays|
|Location||The Affinity Centre, 7A High Street, Cheadle. SK8 1AX|
|Assisted by||Ian Tomlinson, Psychotherapist, Advanced Imago Clinician and Workshop Presenter|
|To register||Click Here To Register|
“This was a very amazing training and I feel I have grown enormously both professionally and in my personal relationship.”
“Sophie is truly an exceptional instructor. I had so many “aha” moments both on a personal and professional level, that I’d highly recommend the training to anyone.”
“It is so valuable and exciting to see Sophie working the seamless flow and be gifted by receiving her feedback."
"Not only does Sophie come across as very intelligent and competent but also as a warm, loving and safe guide”
Important information regarding payments
Total fees of £2,400 include
- £240 registration fee payable to Sophie Slade at time of registration, (£120 for non-therapist partners) by bank transfer - see below
- £2,160 training fee for 12 days of clinical training or 3 payments of £725
- £1,860 if you have already attended Days 1 & 2, Introduction to Imago (this is not the Getting the Love You Want workshop) or 3 payments of £625
- £1,08.00 for non-therapist partners, or 3 payments of £365
payable to Sophie Slade three weeks prior to 1st training module (or payment plan of three payments of £725/£625/£365 payable 3 weeks prior to each module) by bank transfer - see below
- £155 certification fee payable at completion of training with submission of tape of full Imago therapy session.
Does not include clinical consultation for a minimum of once monthly for 6 months or equivalent, to required standard of competence in Imago therapy payable to consultant.